SLIP AND FALL LAWYERS
Central New Yorkers know that when winter comes along, so does the ice, snow, and an increase in slip and fall accidents. As the icy slush covers the roads, our driveways, vehicles, and parking lots, it causes driving and walking hazards making it difficult to go anywhere during the winter months.
However, slip and fall accidents can also occur while walking to your car in a poorly lit parking lot, or a store with a freshly mopped or waxed slippery floor where the business owner failed to put up warning signs to alert visitors to the dangerous condition. Regardless of where you suffered a slip and fall injury, the damage can be catastrophic. You may be facing lost wages from missed time from work or exorbitant medical bills. Listed below are common types of slip and fall accidents.
CONTACT US FOR A FREE CASE EVALUATION
Common Slip and Fall Accidents May Be Due To:
- Snow, icy or slushy conditions
- Debris on floors
- Exposed electrical wiring
- Uneven stairs or flooring
- Inadequate or poor lighting
- Broken, crumbling or cracked pavement
- Wet or slippery floors from being freshly mopped or waxed
- Inadequate warning signs
- Lack of Handrails
- Holes in flooring
- Poorly placed fixtures
- Worn carpet
- Spilled food or drink
- Broken floor tiles
Common Slip and Fall Injuries
A slip and fall injury could range from a couple of minor bruises to a serious head injury.
Here is a look at the most common slip and fall injuries:
The CDC claims that the most frequent cause of traumatic brain injury is a fall. The victim could suffer from a concussion that may resolve after a short period of rest, or a closed head trauma that may be more critical and result in cognitive impairment, seizures, and mood changes.
Fractures and sprains
Due to the abrupt movement during a slip and fall, the victim could twist a knee or roll an ankle on the way down. Also, landing roughly on the ground or floor may cause broken bones. For a slip and fall, the most common fractures are in the hand, wrist, forearm, upper arm, leg, and ankle.
According to the CDC, over 95% of hip fractures are caused by falls. This type of injury may require surgery and hospitalization as well as rehabilitation.
If a victim falls hard on their shoulder, the jolt could cause a shoulder dislocation, tear or even nerve damage.
A slip and fall could cause a slipped or herniated disc, resulting in severe pain and limited mobility. In the worst cases, a slip and fall could ultimately cause paralysis if the spinal injury is severe enough.
What to Do Immediately After a Slip and Fall Accident Occurs
Depending on your situation, there are various steps to take immediately after a slip and fall accident, as follows:
- Take care of yourself – Seek medical attention as soon as possible following the fall whether it is by ambulance, driving to the emergency room, going to urgent care, or visiting your personal physician.
- Take photos of the scene – Many of us cannot live without our smartphones so use it to your advantage. Snap a few photos of the location of your slip and fall as soon as possible after the incident occurs. Be sure to capture the surface conditions that existed at the time that triggered your slip and fall.
- Obtain witnesses – If anyone was around when you fell, collect their contact information in case you need them as a witness to your fall or to the surface conditions that existed at the time of your fall.
- File an incident report – If your slip and fall occurred on commercial property, ask an employee or the manager of the establishment for an incident form so you may officially report your accident.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer – A personal injury lawyer can explain your legal rights and options available in a clear and concise manner. You are a victim and most likely in a vulnerable state, especially if you are recuperating from surgery or are in pain. After your accident, you may be approached by insurance adjusters and lawyers from the property owner of where you were injured; however, it is recommended that you do not speak to them without an attorney present that can represent your best interests.
Why Choose Brindisi, Murad & Brindisi Pearlman as your slip and fall accident lawyers?
If you or a loved one has suffered from a slip and fall accident, you need The People’s Lawyer on your side. Brindisi, Murad & Brindisi Pearlman is an experienced personal injury law firm that has helped members of the Central NY community for years. You do not deserve costly medical expenses, pain and suffering or lost wages, especially if the accident is not your fault. Contact the Utica slip and fall accident lawyers at Brindisi, Murad & Brindisi Pearlman today for a free consultation.
If You Have Been Injured By In A Slip & Fall
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
HELPING CENTRAL NEW YORK PEOPLE WHEN IT COUNTS
Our Law Firm Gets Results
“My attorney, Anthony Murad, was knowledgeable, timely and pro-active. I can’t say enough good things!”Cheryl V.
“Eva Pearlman was very helpful in explaining everything to me. I appreciate all the assistance she gave to me in concluding a very difficult case.”Anna Marie
“Well at first I was very upset and scared. Then they spoke to me, and everything fell into place. It was a long hard case, but turned out well.”Joy
We stand up for innocent people when they have been injured by a careless individual’s actions. We have over 60 years of experience representing the people of New York State. The partners at Brindisi, Murad & Brindisi Pearlman know that you are counting on us to help navigate the waters of an unfortunate incident. And we take that responsibility seriously. We fight hard to get you every dollar you deserve to make sure your medical bills are paid, to recover your lost wages and get you compensated for your pain and suffering.
INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT?
CONTACT BMBP TODAY!
BRINDISI, MURAD & BRINDISI PEARLMAN
2713 Genesee Street
Utica, NY 13501
MONDAY – FRIDAY