MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT LAWYERS
As Utica motor vehicle accident lawyers, we have seen a lot of motor vehicle accident cases throughout the Central NY area that have resulted in serious injuries or even death. Motor vehicle accidents happen all too frequently leaving countless people hurt and dealing with the trauma these accidents cause to the injured person and their families too. That is why at Brindisi, Murad & Brindisi Pearlman our focus is on helping people that have experienced serious personal injuries after being involved in motor vehicle accidents.
Although auto accidents make up a good portion of motor vehicle accidents, they aren’t the only way people are hurt by a motor vehicle. Motor vehicle accidents can include car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, bus accidents, ridesharing accidents (Uber or Lyft), pedestrian accidents, and even recreational vehicle accidents (boating, ATV, and snowmobile accidents).
According to The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motor vehicle crashes are the number one safety problem in American transportation. In the NHTSA 2020 report, they state:
“Death and injury from traffic crashes continue to be among the most serious public health problems facing our country.”
CONTACT US FOR A FREE CASE EVALUATION
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Each year in the United States, about 3 million people are nonfatally injured in motor vehicle crashes. (10/4/2019)
- More than 100 people die every day in the U.S. from motor vehicle crashes (2/16/2018)
- Motor vehicle-related injuries send more than 2.3 million people to hospital emergency departments every year. (12/14/2017)
- Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death in the first three decades of Americans’ lives. (12/14/2017)
- Motor vehicle deaths are 3 to 10 times higher in rural America, depending on the region. (9/29/2017)
Common Causes of Car Crashes
Some of the leading causes of car crashes include the following:
Traveling at high speeds is still the leading contributing factor in all fatal crashes in the United States. Speeding can include exceeding the posted speed limit, or driving too fast for the conditions that exist, such as heavy traffic or inclement weather. Some scary statistics about speeding include:
- Teens are more likely than older drivers to speed and allow shorter following distances. (Texas A&M Transportation Institute, 2019)
- There were 203 fatal crashes in work zones in which speeding had been a factor, in 2017. (FHWA, 2019)
- For more than two decades, speeding has been involved in approximately one-third of all motor vehicle fatalities. (NHTSA, 2018)
- Speed was a factor in 31% of US teen driver fatalities. (NHTSA, 2018)
- Drivers ages 15-20 had the highest representation in speed-related fatal crashes (32% and 22%) compared to any other age group in 2016. (NHTSA, 2018)
- Over 50% of the five million yearly car crashes in the United States are caused by aggressive drivers, with speeding being the most prevalent contributor to this statistic. (TeenSafe, 2018)
The roadways in Central New York are in some of the snowiest regions in the country, and winter driving can be very hazardous.
- Over 70% of the nation’s roads are in snowy regions, which receive more than five inches (or 13 cm) average snowfall annually. (FHWA, 2019)
- Weather-related vehicle accidents kill more people annually than large-scale weather disasters. (The Weather Channel, 2018)
- Each year, 24% of weather-related vehicle crashes occur on snowy, slushy, or icy pavement and 15% happen during snowfall or sleet. (FHWA, 2019)
- More than 116,000 Americans are injured, and over 1,300 are killed on snowy, slushy, or icy pavement every winter. (Safe Winter Roads, 2019)
Unfortunately, alcohol-related crashes are still a leading cause of car accidents. Every day, almost 30 people in the United States die in drunk driving crashes – that is one person every 50 minutes. There were 10,511 deaths from drunk driving crashes in 2018. (NHTSA 10/2019) Impaired driving can also include drugs other than alcohol (legal and illegal), which is a contributing factor in about 16% of motor vehicle crashes. (NHTSA, April 16, 2018) With the increase of marijuana use, 13% of nighttime and weekend drivers can be found to have marijuana in their system; and these users are about 25% more likely to be involved in a crash than drivers with no evidence of marijuana use; however, other factors may play a factor, such as age and gender of the driver for an increased crash risk among marijuana users. (NHTSA, April 16, 2018)
Aggressive drivers pose a high safety risk since they are more likely to speed, run red lights and stop signs, weave in and out of traffic, tailgate, improperly change lanes, unsafely pass on the right, cut other driver’s off, honk and flash their lights, and drive without a seatbelt.
The risk of a driver and passengers’ safety and potential for injury, and even death, continues to increase without the use of seat belts in a vehicle. Also, the incorrect use of child safety seats remains a major problem, with an estimated 80 percent that are installed or used incorrectly.
Below are the motor vehicle accidents that our law firm handles cases for…
Truck Accidents and Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Distracted Driving Accidents
Drunk or Impaired Driving Accidents
Inclement Weather Accidents
Roadway and Bridge Defects
Recreational Vehicle Accidents (Boating, ATV, and Snowmobile Accidents)
Motor Vehicle Accident
School Bus Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
We fight hard for you to get you every dollar you deserve to make sure your medical bills are paid, to recover your lost wages and get you compensated for your pain and suffering.
What To Do If You Are Involved in A Motor Vehicle Accident?
If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident it is best to immediately contact a personal injury lawyer experienced in handling motor vehicle accidents. At Brindisi, Murad & Brindisi Pearlman, we help our clients through every stage of the process of filing a claim. We get to know you and your claim, then fight to recover the maximum amount of financial compensation for your injuries. A personal injury case involving a motor vehicle accident may become formalized through civil court proceedings or may be resolved through an informal settlement before a lawsuit is filed. If there is a wrongful death that occurs due to the accident, the surviving family members of the fatally injured motor vehicle accident victim may be able to bring a wrongful death claim against the reckless or negligent person that caused the accident.
We serve clients throughout Central NY and New York State. If you’ve been injured by someone else’s negligence you need The People’s Lawyer. Call our office at 1-800-8LTB-LAW or fill out our free motor vehicle accident consultation form today.
EXPERIENCED LAWYERS ON YOUR SIDE
If You Have Been Injured In An Accident
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
HELPING CENTRAL NEW YORK PEOPLE WHEN IT COUNTS
Our Law Firm Gets Results
“Being my first experience with a motor vehicle accident, Attorney Pearlman and her legal assistant, Bonnie, patiently talked/walked me through everything (and with compassion).”Lisa D.
“This was my first experience being involved in a motor vehicle accident. I appreciated that the process was explained to me and I felt that I could rely on the expertise of Mr. Murad to bring this case to closure. I would recommend this firm to my friends.”Carol C.
“We want to thank Eva Pearlman for her efforts in resolving our case. We understand the difficulties involved with taking over a case mid-stream. We are both satisfied with the end result and thank her for keeping us informed throughout the process.”David & Kathy C.
We stand up for innocent people when they have been injured by a careless individual’s actions. We have over 60 years of experience representing the people of New York State. The partners at Brindisi, Murad & Brindisi Pearlman know that you are counting on us to help navigate the waters of an unfortunate incident. And we take that responsibility seriously. We fight hard to get you every dollar you deserve to make sure your medical bills are paid, to recover your lost wages and get you compensated for your pain and suffering.
INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT?
CONTACT BMBP TODAY!
BRINDISI, MURAD & BRINDISI PEARLMAN
2713 Genesee Street
Utica, NY 13501
MONDAY – FRIDAY