DID YOU SUFFER ADVERSE EFFECTS FROM TAKING VALSARTAN?
JOIN THE VALSARTAN CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.
Valsartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure), recent heart attacks, and heart failure. The medication is usually available in tablets containing valsartan 40 mg, 80 mg, 160 mg, or 320 mg.
The drug was created by pharmaceutical company Novartis and approved by the FDA in 1996. Today, the drug is produced by numerous companies.
Several drug companies have voluntarily recalled their blood pressure and heart medication that contains valsartan after it was discovered that certain batches of valsartan produced by the Chinese company Zhejiang Huahai Pharmaceuticals and the India company Hetero Labs Limited had been contaminated with N- nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA). This chemical is a known carcinogen.
CONTACT US FOR A FREE CASE EVALUATION
The timeline of the reviews and recalls:
- In May 2018, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) began reviewing medicines containing valsartan that was supplied by Zhejiang Huahai Pharmaceuticals. The review started after the company detected NDMA in the valsartan it was supplying to manufacturers in the European Union.
- In July 2018, the FDA announced that three companies were voluntarily recalling their medications containing valsartan that was supplied by the Chinese company Zhejiang Huahai Pharmaceuticals. The recall occurred after the company determined the presence of NDMA in the valsartan. The FDA also provided guidance to manufacturers regarding how to properly test their valsartan for possible NDMA contamination. It is believed that the Chinese company’s production of valsartan could have become contaminated with NDMA starting in 2012 after the company changed its manufacturing process.
- In August 2018, the FDA announced that certain batches of valsartan produced by India company Hetero Labs Limited and sold under the label Camber Pharmaceuticals also will be recalled because of the presence of NDMA.
- In August 2018, Torrent Pharmaceuticals announced the voluntary recall of 14 lots of Valsartan/Amlodipine/HCTZ tablets due to the presence of NDMA.
- In November 2018, Teva Pharmaceuticals voluntarily recalled all lots of amlodipine/valsartan combination tablets and amlodipine/valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide combination tablets after NDEA was detected in an active pharmaceutical ingredient manufactured by Mylan India.
Since November 2018, numerous lots of Valsartan/Amlodipine/HCTZ tablets have been recalled for various forms of contamination with NDMA, NDEA, and/or NMBA.
Valsartan Injuries & Side Effects:
Short-term exposure to NDMA can cause liver damage (such as liver fibrosis and scarring). Long-term exposure can increase the risk of liver, kidney, and lung tumors.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), NDMA is not currently produced in pure form or commercially used in the United States, except for research purposes.
It was formerly used in production of liquid rocket fuel, antioxidants, additives for lubricants, and softeners for copolymers.
Symptoms of NDMA Overexposure:
- Abdominal Cramps;
- Enlarged Liver;
- Reduced Function of the Liver, Kidneys, and Lungs;
If you were taking any of the valsartan recall medications contaminated with N-nitrosodimethylamine, and have experienced liver, kidney, stomach, or intestinal cancer, you may be eligible to seek damages, such as past and future medical expenses to treat your injuries, past and future pain and suffering from your injuries; lost wages and impairment of future earning capacity, and other economic losses experienced because of your injuries.
Though the side effects of valsartan listed above can be severe, it is vital that you talk with your doctor before you stop taking any medications.
Why Choose Brindisi, Murad, Brindisi & Pearlman
As Your Valsartan Lawyers?
Our attorneys are nationally recognized and are experienced in all aspects of serious personal injury litigation, including, defective drug litigation. Our law firm has been in business for over 60 years. We know first-hand how devastating it can be to have been seriously injured or to have had the misfortune of losing a loved one.
We are committed to helping victims receive settlements fast. Our law firm has secured well over $100 million for our clients in verdicts and settlements. The attorneys at Brindisi, Murad, Brindisi & Pearlman are focused on personal injury law and fighting for the rights of injured people. If you have suffered the effects of valsartan, we will fight to help you get the compensation that you deserve.
If You Have Been Injured By Valsartan
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
HELPING CENTRAL NEW YORK PEOPLE WHEN IT COUNTS
Our Law Firm Gets Results
We stand up for innocent people when they have been injured by a careless individual’s actions. We have over 60 years of experience representing the people of New York State. The partners at Brindisi, Murad, Brindisi & Pearlman know that you are counting on us to help navigate the waters of an unfortunate incident. And we take that responsibility seriously. We fight hard to get you every dollar you deserve to make sure your medical bills are paid, to recover your lost wages and get you compensated for your pain and suffering.
IF YOU’VE BEEN INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT…
CONTACT BMBP TODAY!